EXTRA-ORDINARY IS MY NORMAL.
My work forges collaborations across disciplinary, cultural, national, and continental divides: The Comparative Heritage project connects academics, scholars, researchers, and practitioners with different training and disciplinary backgrounds and, of course, from at least four different continents–Africa, Asia, Europe, North America–to engage the knotty subject of “heritage” using transdisciplinary methodologies (visit the Comparative Heritage website); The VALOR Group brings humanitarian workers and social-cultural change agents from different walks of life to solve common problems in society (visit The VALOR Group website).
Research and Scholarship
• African and African American Political Spiritualities
• History of Religion
• From Radicalism to Fundamentalism: The Choice Between Nationalism and Violence
• Ethnicity and Postcolonialisms
• Gender and Witchcraft Politics
• Food, Security and Spirituality
• Mediating Spirituality: Technology, Futurisms, and Religion
• Methodologies and Theories in Religion
• Comparative Exceptionalism and Heritage Studies
• Philosophy of Religion
• Pentecostal Economies
I provide services to my local community whenever the need arises. I have chaired committees, joined social actions for social and economic justice, and/or provided needed leverage in negotiations.
As a technology aficionado, I believe the 21st century provides immeasurable opportunities for development and progress in society, which is why I welcome new partners and thinkers who are both daring and passionate about not just social changes across communities but importantly, those who genuinely A.C.T. in the behalf of real and lasting transformations.
A little bit about me
and my previous work
Please provide detailed information on your events (with dates/times).